A K-9 school in St. Paul, Alberta
“BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE”
The mission of Glen Avon Protestant School is to develop individuals committed to a lifelong pursuit of excellence. Students will develop the capability of adapting to an ever-changing world through quality programming delivered by an effective staff in cooperation with the home and community.
Glen Avon Protestant School holds the following values:
- Quality - excellence in all areas of operation
- Caring - tolerance, understanding, and support for each individual and recognition of the uniqueness of each person
- Commitment - achievement of local and provincial goals of education
- Integrity - honesty, trust, openness, and sincerity in our relationships with each other
- Education is an important lifelong process.
- Parents have the primary responsibility for the education of their children; the school provides a professional service and a supportive environment for learning.
- Home, school and the community are partners in providing opportunities for the social, physical, intellectual, emotional, and moral development of individuals.
- Each individual deserves to be treated with respect, dignity, tolerance and understanding.
- Everyone can learn.
- Every individual has a right to access an education system that provides opportunities for the development of his/her maximum potential in order to become a contributing member of society.
- Excellence in education requires high expectations, effort, recognition in achievement, and an environment conducive to learning.
- It is necessary to provide opportunities for individuals to understand, appreciate and share their cultural heritage.
- Education is enhanced by on-going communication between home, school and community.
- Self-esteem and positive self-concept are conducive to learning.